Monday, August 16, 2010

Debbie's Egg Rolls


So these are my mom's famous egg rolls. EVERYONE loves them. I actually did not like them till I was older but, I used to be a picky eater believe it or not. :-P Don't dis the egg rolls without trying them first!!

1. So first you need to brown 1 lb of ground sausage (mild non-maple flavored)


2. After the sausage is browned, add in 2 cans of la choy vegetables (I mixed and matched this time but usually used the chop suey mix)


3. Add enough soy sauce to coat the vegetables and meat, after warming up the mixture, set aside to cool before rolling the egg rolls.


4. There are a few different ways to roll an egg roll. You can start at the end and roll in, or start in the middle and fold in half and then roll, whichever way you roll it, taste just as amazing. - I usually use flour and water in a bowl to create a slurry for the "glue" to keep the rolls together.



5. Last step is to just fry these babies up! I usually set my oil on the stove top to a 6. Fry until golden brown, technically this is per preference. The meat and vegetables are already cooked so no worries if its not a dark brown after frying.



6. Enjoy with sweet & sour sauce!

Hope you enjoyed this recipe, and for my mom, love you always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment