WOW - - Is all I can describe this dish as... Definitely do not be scared of the mixture of the chicken cheese and ham. This sauce sounds a little weird when looking at the ingredients but do not change a thing! This sauce was so fabulous! I hope you all enjoy!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 slices of ham, thinly sliced
4 slices Swiss cheese
2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c. grated Parmesan
2 T. butter
1/2 c canned cream of chicken soup
1/4 c sour cream
1/4 c. milk
1 T Dijon mustard
1 c mushrooms, sliced
1 t minced garlic
1 t salt
½ t black pepper
2 T. fresh chopped flat leaf parsley (or 2 tsp. dried)
- Combine bread crumbs with grated Parmesan. Mix to combine.
- Place each chicken breast on a cutting board between pieces of wax paper. Use a skillet to pound the chicken breast until it is 1/2-1/4" think.
- Arrange a slice of ham and Swiss cheese on top of each one. Roll each chicken breast tightly and secure with a toothpick.
- Coat with melted butter and roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 375
- In a bowl combine sauce ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Heat in sauce pan and pour over chicken just before serving (or serve in a gravy boat on the side).
Original Recipe from: Freeze Happy